Blue Crab Feast & Visionaries
A Happy Little Adventure in Baltimore
1 Days | Year Round
Starting At $Flexible Pricing
Let the Laughter Roll. Become an expert on all things crab at Phillips Harborplace – includes a feast. Then visit America’s official repository for self-taught and intuitive artistry – The American Visionary Art Museum. It defies convention, while offering both surprise and inspiration.
We are happy to accommodate Groups who want to add a night or two, or further customize their trip.
StarrGroups Flexible Pricing:
- Customizable Comps
- Commissionable or Net Rates
- Luxury or First Class Hotels & Meals
- Starr Tours Motorcoach Transportation & Professional Tours Managers are available
Whatever you want, StarrGroups will be happy to structure tour prices to match your needs. Just let us know!
Arriving in Baltimore, MD, today you learn to become an expert on all things crab at Phillips Seafood. This interactive cooking and eating experience, “Cook, Crab & Eat” with Expert Crabologist Donald Manning, will teach you the tricks to picking blue crabs. Learn how to extract the meat cleanly and efficiently, from jumbo lumps to cocktail claws. Two members from your group will compete to see who can pick the most crab with no shell.
Plus enjoy trivia and prizes for everyone in the class. Following your Crabology class, enjoy a seafood lunch.
The afternoon is spent at the American Visionary Art Museum. It includes a Docent Tour and a Workshop of your choice. The museum describes itself as America’s official repository for self-taught and intuitive artistry.
The permanent collection is described as a Bling Universe where art reflects life, both literally and figuratively. Adorning one’s world – transforming it into a place that defies convention, surprising and delighting, providing hope and wonder – is what the Bling Universe is all about.
Following the Tour you will participate in a workshop, current choices are:
- “Fruit Painting” in this workshop, AVAM provides the painting supplies, and the fruit. Students will learn from an artist and create their own fruit painting from a still life.
- “Imagination to GO” where you turn paint brushes into personalities. Each kit includes one paintbrush, Apoxie sculpt, and baubles for students to apply as decoration. This is a messy project.
There may be other opportunities available once we choose a tour date and begin the booking process.